Job title: Clinical Counselling Supervisor – Voluntary post
Closing Date: 15th July 2017
Hours: 2 hours per month group supervision, ad hoc advice to counsellors and student counsellors and client assessment.
Responsible to: Project Manager
This role enables us to supervise clinically our counsellors at group supervision, assist with client assessment/allocation and ad hoc advice to the counselling team.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintain appropriate records of all supervision given and to report any concerns to the Project Manager.
• Hold clinical responsibility for all client work for which supervision is provided. Individual supervision will only be required in emergencies when counsellors’ external supervisors are unavailable.
• Assist in performing client assessments for the counselling service (by telephone) and assist with client allocation to counsellors as required.
• Support the Project Manager by providing any reports required for student counsellors on placement and offering placements.
• Commitment to on-going supervision of the counselling service, attend regular supervision sessions with the Project Manager.
• Work flexibly as part of a small team to provide ad hoc individual supervision to the counsellors, such as in the event of emergencies, and to attend volunteer team meetings as frequently as possible.
• Abide by all Kyra policies and procedures.
• Adhere to BACP Ethical Framework.
• Psychotherapy/Counselling qualification to at least Level 4 or Post Grad. Diploma.
• Qualification in clinical supervision or training towards recognised clinical supervision qualification.
• Significant post qualification status as a counsellor/psychotherapist
• Accreditation/registration as a counsellor/psychotherapist and supervisor with BACP/UKCP/BPS or equivalent
• Clinical experience of working with clients with a range of difficulties including complex mental health issues, drug and alcohol issues, sexual violation and trauma.
• Understanding of issues regarding confidentiality and management of risk within a counselling service.
• Good administrative skills.
• Understanding of the voluntary sector.
• Experience in delivering training to counsellors/psychotherapists.
• Resilience, reliability, flexibility.
• Good communication skills and commitment to work collaboratively with the team and Project Manager.
Abilities and interests
• Ability to work in and with a small team.
• Interest in continuing professional development.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to deal with a variety of internal stakeholders.
• Results oriented and problem-solving approach to work with a focus on making effective decisions.
• Adaptable and flexible approach.
• Ability to communicate topics of a sensitive nature effectively.
• Ability to work both alone and in a team.
• Understanding of the vision and mission of Kyra
• Proactive in reviewing and evaluating own performance and identifying and acting upon areas for improvement and development.
• Attend and participate in counselling meetings and other meetings as required.
• Clear Enhanced DBS check.
This job description covers the current range of duties and will be reviewed from time to time.
To apply please send a CV and covering letter for the attention of firstname.lastname@example.org by July 15th 2017