Job Opportunity – Business Support Officer
Please note: We are unable to respond to all applicants.
This post is restricted to women due to the nature of the role. The Occupational Requirement under Schedule 9 (part 1) of the Equality Act 2010 applies.
Hours: 18.5 hours per week to be worked over 3 days
Salary: £30k pro rata
Base: KYRA WOMEN’S PROJECT – York
Holidays: 13 days plus Bank Holidays
Pension: Employer contribution 3% Employee contribution 5%
Length of contract: Fixed term contract until February 28th, 2021 with potential of being renewed
Closing date for applications: 12 noon Friday 10th January 2020
Interviews will take place on: Wednesday 22nd January 2020 – we are unable to give feedback on applications.
Commencement date: March 2020
Responsible to: Chief Executive Officer
Accountable to: Chair of Trustees
Flexible working patterns will be required to meet the needs of the project and will include evening and weekend work. Staff/volunteers may be required to work in various locations. Annual leave and time off in lieu to be taken with the prior agreement of your line manager.
Applicants should send their cv with a covering letter describing how they meet the criteria and why they feel they are suitable for the role.
Overall objectives of the role:
- To manage the services of KYRA WOMEN’S PROJECT ensuring that the needs of the members are fully met.
- To manage a team of paid staff/volunteers and volunteers and ensure that services are provided in accordance with the policies and procedures of KYRA WOMEN’S PROJECT.
- To raise awareness of the work of KYRA WOMEN’S PROJECT and best practice in relation to service provision, influencing stakeholders and policy makers.
- To ensure that KYRA WOMEN’S PROJECT services are managed in line with agreed policies, procedures and standards.
- To ensure that all Members are treated in a consistent, fair and empowering manner and to promote user participation in the running of the organisation.
- To ensure that KYRA WOMEN’S PROJECT services are monitored and evaluated regularly and report to the CEO and Board of Trustees.
Search tags – Jobs, careers, opportunities