Chair of Trustees – Kyra Women’s Project
- The Chair will hold the Board and Executive Team to account for the charity’s mission and vision, providing inclusive leadership and ensuring that they and each trustee fulfils their six main duties:
- To ensure that Kyra is carrying out its purposes for the public benefit
- To comply with Kyra’s governing document and the law
- To act in Kyra’s best interests
- To manage Kyra’s resources responsibly
- To Act with reasonable care and skill
- To ensure that Kyra is accountable
- The Chair will develop the knowledge and capability of the Board of Trustees and appraise, and if necessary, refresh, the Board on an annual basis to ensure it has the right balance of skills and experience to lead the charity effectively.
- The Chair should establish an effective and supportive working relationship with the CEO, while respecting the boundaries between the two roles, and ensure she is held to account for strategic objectives. You will also conduct an annual appraisal and remuneration review.
- You will chair monthly meetings of the Board of Trustees effectively and efficiently, bringing impartiality and objectivity to the decision-making process.
- You will act as an ambassador and spokesperson for the charity in partnership with the CEO.
- You will maintain close relationships with key members of the Government and key influencers.
For more details, and how to apply, please follow this link: Kyra Women’s Project – Chair of Trustees