Contract for Evaluator. Route to Recovery Project
Purpose of role: to build, implement and report on a framework for evaluation of the four-year Route to Recovery (R2R) project, funded by the National Lottery Community Fund.
Terms and conditions:
- You will be contracted on a self-employed consultancy basis.
- You will report to the CEO and the project Steering Group
- Date of commencement: as soon as possible
- Base: home-based with some visits to Kyra’s premises in York required
- Length of contract: 4 years
- Completion: contract to be completed by May 2025
- Fee: £7,500 for the whole contract (see below)
- Establish a baseline for the project in collaboration with the Steering Group
- Quality assure Kyra’s current monitoring framework to ensure it is adaptable for R2R
- Build a framework for evaluation of the project with reference to the project’s outcomes framework which has established indicators, measures and targets
- Run sessions for staff and volunteers working on the project to ensure a shared understanding of the data collection required and the nature of the evaluation
- Be available to answer queries from staff on data collection and collation as required
- Eighteen months into project, support Kyra to review the monitoring detail and provide an overview of performance to date
- Identify and share any re-modelling of the programme required to better achieve the project outcomes
- In year four, deliver a full evaluation based on recorded data, including area specific data and local case studies
- Conduct independent interviews and focus groups to capture information on:
- The individual impact on participants
- The impact of staff and volunteers
- The wider impact for participants’ families/ relationships/community
- Feedback from delivery partners
- Views of the wider sector re the efficacy of R2R
- The potential sustainability of the programme.
- Engage directly with all of the R2R staff, 50% of volunteers and 20% of participants on the programme, as well as key stakeholders to the project
- Make recommendations about the value of the project methodology and effectiveness of delivery, focusing on how the approach works with different groups of participants and different areas
- Provide quantitative and qualitative evidence including participants’ stories, case studies and quotes/testimonials
- Capture participants’ feedback in ways that can be shared publicly including ‘talking heads’ videos, Facebook posts, blogs, vlogs etc
- Provide reports as required to the project Steering Group throughout the project
- Provide a final written report on the whole evaluation process and findings at the end of the project.
£7,500 for the whole contract. Indicative spend: £2,000 in year 1, £1000 per year in years 2 and 3, £3,500 in year 4.
Payment will be authorised on receipt of a signed invoice and verified work. Payment will be made into a bank account as an electronic payment. This fee is inclusive of travel time and expenses.
To apply for this role, please send your CV and a covering letter setting out your relevant experience and qualifications and how you will meet the requirements of this contract, to the Kyra Women’s Project interim CEO, Rosemary Cook, at email@example.com by 17 March 2021. If you have any questions about the role or the project, telephone 01904 632332.